andrew robert thomas
1269 1/4 N Normandie
Los Angeles, CA 90041
I help clients create impactful, memorable events through the design and implementation of video. Using LED panels, projectors, TV, and streaming, my job is to make live events special, where people make memories, and messages reach audiences. I take pride in my ability to solve the last-minute problems that inevitably arise in live production.
My capacity for technical and personal communication makes me a natural leader. New clients become repeat business partners and friends, because I take pride in creating an experience.
November 2013 - March 2018 (closed) AVALON Hollywood - Lead Video Technician
- maintained and operated an array of video walls for charities, commercials, and events at a historic Hollywood nightclub/venue
- received client files, edited, and modified them to fit the dimensions of the house screens in a variety of formats
- operated live events, following an event script or cue list, and taking direct screen instructions from the Director
- engineered all technical video elements in the venue to meet clients' expectations
- solved any production or technical issues that might arise during the event
- maintained, repaired, and replaced faulty equipment using proper shop guidelines
- created original video content for a variety of DJs and clients
October - December 2017 : "GRYFFIN Castle In the Sky Tour" - Tour Video Technician
- oversaw construction, maintenance, and operation of LED video walls for electronic musician Gryffin's 30+ date US tour
- set up and operated Timecode system to synchronize video and musical elements consistently each show
- assessed power and build capacity on a wide range of venue stages, and performed to sold-out crowds
- constructed and supervised stagehands on daily construction of thousands of pounds of truss, lighting, and LED panels
- maintained and repaired LED fixtures, including sourcing extra for large stage setups
Annual Event, June 2104 - 2017: immaBeast Experience Dance Camp - Video Technician
- oversaw construction and operation of video wall and TVs for week-long youth choreography camp
- collaborated with Art Department to incorporate the annual theme into the video elements
- created, edited and played back video elements for choreography class instructor introductions
- operated video for weekend showcase performances
- Outstanding communication skill means I can explain complicated technical details in a way that is easy to understand.
- With my experience, clients feel comfortable asking for my input on a wide range of design decisions.
- I am sincere in my actions and intent to provide the best service possible for the client, so we can build the best, most memorable experiences for their events and brands.
- I maintain contact with a network of clients and vendors to create future events.
Bachelor of Arts, Mass Communication Media Arts. Southern Illinois University,2001-2005. Carbondale, IL. Major: TV/Film/Radio Production, Minor: Studio Art
Bloomington High School, Bloomington, IL. 1998-2001.
LED video wall installation
Resolume Arena operation
Timecode for live A/V sync
NDI network video protocol
design + editing: Photoshop
video editing: Premiere
Video and podcast streaming
PC building and repair